Sam Aluni has been a lawyer member of the Trenti Law Firm for 44 years, continuously serving his area clients’ needs in a wide variety of fields of law. As a result of this continuity Sam has served multiple generations of families, profit and nonprofit businesses, and local governments.
For over 25 years he has earned/maintains the AV Preeminent rating* from Martindale-Hubbell. The AV Rating is the highest possible rating given by Lexis-Nexis Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review for a lawyer and is established wholly on a peer-review basis. The AV Preeminent designation signifies that attorneys have been rated by judges and fellow attorneys as having the highest possible rating for legal abilities and ethical standards.
Sam’s success in his law practice has come from his true interest in his clients’ needs and a realistic advice and counseling style that is understandable to the client.
Trenti Law Firm provides a full range of legal services to clients from its offices in Virginia, Hibbing, and Ely. Areas of practice include: Personal Injury, Family Law, Business Law, Real Estate & Land Use Law, Estate Planning & Administration, Criminal Defense, Employment Law, Consumer Law, Government & Municipal Law, School & Education Law.
Sam currently concentrates his practice in estates and estate planning, elder law, business and real estate.
Sam is a graduate of Virginia High School, Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut and a 1977 cum laude graduate of William Mitchell College of Law, now Mitchell Hamline in St. Paul, Minnesota. He served as president and managing partner of Trenti Law Firm from 1990 through 2016. He is a former president of the Range Bar Association and has served on many boards and commissions on the Iron Range over the years. He and his wife Kathy and family have resided in Virginia since 1977.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Municipal Law
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1977
- Honors: cum laude
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1973
- City Attorney, City of Gilbert, 1983 - present
- City Attorney, City of Mt Iron, 1989 - present
- Township Attorney, Biwabik Township
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Range Bar Association, Former President
- Range Bar Association, Former Fee Arbitration Chairman
- Virginia Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Minnesota Volunteer Attorney program, Member
- Minnesota Public Radio Regional Advisory Counsel Salvation Army, Board of Directors
- YMCA Sustaining Membership Team Captain